A number of small scale contracts and grants have been made available to support initiatives promoting the 2011 European Year of Volunteering in England.
The purpose of this dedicated year is to support member states and their voluntary sector organisations to facilitate the development of volunteering across England.
The Office for Civil Society (OCS) has identified national priorities relevant to the Big Society ideals and is seeking organisations to deliver initiatives supporting these ideals:
- Enabling people to contribute to their local communities and relieve social problems through volunteering.
- Encouraging employer supported volunteering (ESV) programmes through information sharing between the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Sharing best practice in relation to volunteer management.
- Expanding volunteering opportunities to include those not traditionally engaged in volunteering.
Three contracting opportunities are available:
- Employer Supported Volunteering Lead
This contract is available for organisations which can promote and develop good practice within the private, public and voluntary and community sector in relation to effective employer supported volunteering (ESV) programmes.
- Volunteer Management Lead
This contract is available for organisations which can develop and share good practice relating to effective volunteer management.
- Opening the Door to Volunteering Lead
This contract is available for organisations to promote volunteering to groups not traditionally engaged in volunteering activities, particularly those from socially excluded groups.
Additionally a number of grants will be made available to five organisations, or consortia of organisations to deliver projects addressing five themes:
- Young people and children – March and April
- Environment – May and June
- Sport – July and August
- Culture and the arts – September and October
- Health and social care – November and December
A further grant will be made available to one organisation to diffuse the learning which will emerge from the supported activities. This organisation will work with lead organisations to identify key points and share them with OCS, across government and the voluntary and community sector.
For further information on these opportunities please email email@example.com stating which opportunity is being enquired about.
Cabinet Office, 10/01/2011